Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Salmon


In winter I don't get to eat enough fish. It saddens me deeply. Mostly because of availability. This is okay because winter is a time for a sort of hibernation for me. I feel I need to be outdoors to enjoy great fish. Hence why all my meals so far have been heavy, thick, stocky dishes to match my "strength training" of winter. But every once in a while I'll be able to slip in some fish. And tonight is a very summery dish. I won't be taking my fish oil tonight, no sir!

Pan Seared Wild Salmon rubbed in Cajun spices
Sautéed Kale in garlic and onions w/ balsamic

Simple.
Light.
Delicious.

Yesterday's weightlifting: I'm currently finished with Week 2 of Cycle 2 of Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 Program. Deadlift: 3x70%, 3x80%, >3x90% Press: 3x70%, 3x80%, >3x90% Add in pull-ups and KB Clean + Squat+ Press combos.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE SALMON. My freezer is always stocked with it because I eat it at least 3 or 4 times a week.

    I'm interested in these "cajun spices" you speak of. Everywhere I go, outside of La, that boasts of "cajun cuisine" or "cajun spices" never really tastes cajun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, true, a real cajun experience can only happen down south. But the next because thing is NY Cajun. Blend of oregano, pepper, cumin, paprika, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, thyme, & salt. It's...really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if you're not creeped out at giving someone your mailing address, I will personally mail you true cajun seasoning. It will *mindexplosion* you.

    Also, did you get the paper I sent?

    ReplyDelete