Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pasta!


Orecchiette w/:

Sun Dried Tomatoes (homemade)
Italian Sausage
Sauteéd Onions & Broccoli Rabe
Shaved Aged Provolone
Drenched in Olive Oil

Enjoy With: A heavy white wine, Sauvignon Blanc, or a Syrah (red) to offset the sweet/salty taste of the pasta dish.

Oh, yea, pasta. I forgot about that one. I can't remember the last time I actually made pasta. I mean, is there really anything amazing about pasta? It's noodles for christ sake. And what's with the hundreds of varieties? Each pasta type is like a 16 year old girl. You meet one, you've met them all. But in reality, I am wrong. There IS a difference. That difference is you. Growing up on cheap pasta, canned sauce, and ground turkey, I kinda learned to hate it. It never really "made it move" for me. But that was until I was schooled in the vast abyss of cookery and imagination. Now, pasta can be fun! Also, pasta fits perfectly for winter cookery because I can stock up on it, re-heat and eat for days! Every now and then, I'll go back to noodles, ground turkey, and red sauce. It's like going home.

For Indy:
Eggs, pees, sausage, and some leftover kibble.

Yesterdays Lifting:
Deadlift: 5x75%, 3x85%, >1x95%
Press: 5x75%, 3x85%, >1x95%
Sled Drags and Farmer Carries for 60 meters @ 235 lbs, and 2x50lb DB.
Throw in a few dozen push-ups and pull-ups.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely art directed, nicely shot, informative,
    amusing copy/concept. I'd like to see some
    shots of you integrating good food and good lifting. You know, a little beefcake with the beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to do 1-arm pull-ups while stirring a MEAN béchamel sauce... But I'd need a second party to do the photo.

    ReplyDelete